Our highly trained physiotherapist works with children and their families to maximise their physical health and movement potential. Our physiotherapist is experienced in the assessment, treatment, and management of infants, children and adolescents with a wide variety of congenital, developmental, sensory and neuromuscular disorders and disabilities.
The physiotherapist at Moveable Kids can assist with:
- Early intervention for children at risk of developmental delay eg prematurity;
- Developmental issues such as motor co-ordination difficulties;
- Rehabilitation needs following accident, surgery (including post-intervention therapy) or major health events (such as brain injury, stroke or tumour);
- Developmental disabilities such as:
- Down Syndrome;
- Angelman Syndrome;
- Rett Syndrome;
- Cerebral Palsy;
- Muscular Dystrophy;
- Autism Spectrum Disorders;
- Hearing and Vision Impairments;
- School and preschool assessments;
- Splinting, casting and orthotics prescription;
- Wheelchair, seating and equipment prescription;
The physiotherapist’s management of the needs and goals of the child and family may involve improving gross and fine motor skills, mobility, balance and co-ordination, strength and endurance as well as sensory processing skill. Management may also involve specialised treatment techniques such as Neurodevelopmental/Bobath Therapy or Visceral Manipulation.
The physiotherapist at Moveable Kids also has extensive experience in assisting families with the prescription of and application for adaptive equipment (eg seating and wheelchairs), supportive garments (eg Theratogs) and orthotics to maximize the child’s function.